INTRODUCTION TO FUSED GLASS
Spend a morning or afternoon exploring the art of fused glass
During the workshop you will
* Learn about the nature of glass to inform your designs and creations
* Design the pieces you intend to make
* Choose a variety of glass to create your designs
* Learn how to use inclusions in your pieces (copper, silver and liquid glass pens)
* Make one or two smaller pieces, such as coasters or hanging decorations before using your new skills to make a larger piece such as a dish.
* Be given a handout to remind you of the materials and processes that you used during the day
* A photograph of your work will be taken before it is fired, and emailed to you
Once your pieces are complete, they will be fired in my kiln. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on the processes used, so your pieces can be collected in approximately one week, or posted to you (p & p £3.50) if that is more convenient.
Light refreshments will be provided during the workshop.
No previous experience necessary.
Workshops last three hours; please contact me to arrange a time and date.
Cost £45.00 per person, including all materials and equipment.
Workshops are for a maximum of six people
It is also possible to arrange workshops for individuals or one-hour taster sessions for groups of up to six people.
Please see my events page for workshops that are being held in other venues.
Adult and children’s parties, hen parties or other celebrations
your special occasion with an hour and half of fun and the opportunity
to try a new skill. I will bring the materials to your home/party venue
(within 15 mile radius of Ely).
You and your guests will make a glass coaster, using a variety of materials, which I will take home and fuse in my kiln.
£15.00 per person.
note: for health and safety reasons, children’s parties are for
children aged 8 and above with a maximum of 6 children. There must be
one responsible adult per two children, who will supervise them at all
To book please call 01353 656959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds for cancellations:
* with more than 2 weeks’ notice – 100%
* with 1 to 2 weeks’ notice – 50%
* less than 1 week’s notice – no refund, other than for exceptional circumstances
I have Public and Product Liability Insurance underwritten by Hiscox.